Thursday, January 21, 2010

Do You Love Your Work?


I just talked to "Chris" a customer service representative for a government agency. A few minutes into the call, she made me laugh. Hard. She went on to answer my questions -- she was efficient and knowledgeable -- and I continued think about our interaction. I don't know if it's true, but it seems that Chris loves her work. She likes talking to customers and answering questions. The work suits her.

Today's question is designed to give pause. Do you love your work? Do you look forward to meeting your daily goals, and completing your to-do list? Do you get a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day?

We can't always have the work or job that satisfies us most. But we should frequently take a few minutes to assess whether or not we're happy, living up to our potential and contributing our best.

No comments: